Monday 16 March 2015

Madeline's Post


Hi my name is Madeline Hirons and I go to UWCSEA Dover Campus. I’m from Canada but I've never lived there. I was born in Tokyo, Japan. I love the trilogy “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins I have read each of the books three times and watched the first movie 5 times, the second movie eleven times and the third movie twice. I do swimming at school and I play the violin which I have played for almost 6 years. My favourite type of art is photography because I really like taking the photos and sometimes editing them and seeing the different if you change the contrast. I think my best artwork would be the piece where we took a photo of our partner and cutting it in half, then we had to draw the rest of their face and we had to include every detail. A topic in art that I’m an expert in would probably be photography because I like experimenting with different lighting and angles. One thing that I would like advice on would be tips on how to paint a face accurately because it never seems to turn out accurate.
I've embedded a picasa album below hope you like my photos!





7 comments:

  1. Madeline, it is great to hear your story and to see your creative spirit in your imagery here. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learnt some new things about you Madeline after reading your blog. A great portrait, the proportions of the face are very balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Madeline, I really love the halved drawing portrait of your classmate it is really amazing! I think it is pretty accurate although the eye proportions are slightly off. But that might just be the angle of the photo. Do you have any other sketches of people? I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Madeline,
    I loved your artwork. You did a really good job replicating the other half. I would suggest adding more sharpness in the eyebrows and eyes. It is a very good replica and you did very well! I would love to see some of your photography work. You seem to have a great passion towards it. Do you have a passion for any other type of art? You seem to be very good at replicating and copying in great details. Overall, great job on your artwork- it is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maddie,
    I absolutely love this drawing - next to the photo it looks just like the real thing! I can tell you spent a lot of time working on this and it has definitely payed of it looks so realistic! Can't wait to see more of your work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Madeline, I love your art, your photography is amazing!!!! keep it up, your drawing is also really realistic.
    xxx Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Madeline, I love your art, your photography is amazing!!!! keep it up, your drawing is also really realistic.
    xxx Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete